Health Benefits of Green Tea
Health benefits of green tea have been proven in numerous research and studies. In China and Japan, it is predominantly green tea that takes centre stage at important ceremonies such as weddings, ministerial meetings, and banquets. More so, tea will feature in a child’s diet from a very young age. Recent studies have shown that the Japanese population is one of the healthiest and has the highest life expectancy on the planet, as well ass having the lowest rates of dementia and heart disease in the developed world.
Many articles have been written about the health properties of green tea, that it can be seen as the answer to many of modern day ailments.
“If you are cold, tea will warm you; if you are too heated, tea will cool you; if you are depressed, tea will cheer you; if you are excited, tea will calm you – William Ewart Gladstone“
- Green tea is a powerhouse of anti-oxidants, which neutralises free radicals, hayamix.com thus slowing down the ageing process.
- It also contains the amino acid L-Theanine which improves mental focus, and alertness in a calm and controlled manner, often called “a state of wakeful tranquillity“.
- The catechins found in green tea also helps with increasing metabolism as well as inhibiting fat absorption.
- Catechins in green tea also bind to the cancer protein BCL2 or BCL-XL to stop the spreading of the cancer cells.
- Studies have shown that the same catechins are garida net responsible for the fight against neurodegenerative diseases such as Alzheimer’s.
- Catechins in green tea also have antimicrobial properties therefore helping the body control bacteria and fight off viruses such as influenza or reducing the risk of other illnesses.
- Insulin comes along to decrease sugar, but with type 2 diabetes, the body isn’t so sensitive to insulin, so blood sugar levels go up. Through a complex biochemical reaction, recipe tea — especially green tea — helps sensitize cells so they are better able to metabolize sugar.
- Green tea catechins have shown multiple cardiovascular health benefits such as the ability to prevent hardening of the arteries and reduction of high blood pressure.
Extracts taken from The Top 10 Health Benefits of Green Tea